Signed Agreement with UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles)
On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, President Yutaka Kagawa, Professor Soichiro Ikuno (Dean of the Faculty of Computer Science and Director of the Media Center), and Professor Kenichiro Sekine (Director of the Center for Collaborative Research and Practice) visited the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the United States and signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the two universities. Going forward, enhanced exchanges and research collaborations between California State University, Los Angeles, and students and faculty are anticipated.
Contents of the Agreement
In this MoU, we have agreed to promote the following activities:
• Visits and informal exchanges of faculty and administrators in specific areas of education, training, research, and outreach.
• Collaboration in doctoral education and training.
• Organization of joint conferences, symposia, or other scientific meetings on topics of mutual interest.
• Exchange of academic information and materials.
• Exploration of possible exchanges between graduate and professional students with researchers during the semester or summer sessions.
• Exploration of possible joint research programs and collaboration in areas of mutual interest, including the pursuit of comprehensive master's degree/certification programs.
• Pursuit of potential external funding opportunities, including the possibility of joint funding proposals and the MS Online program.